Dear Parents and Children,
It is a great privilege to write to you as the Head Teacher at Kingswood Nursery School. I have been teaching since 1982 in a variety of primary schools and feel that I have the best job in the world, that of seeing children develop into confident individuals who can take the next step in their school careers and begin to make their way confidently in the world. We were extremely proud to achieve our ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted grade in March 2017.
Kingswood Nursery School has a wonderful community spirit where people really care. The wellbeing of the children is at the heart of the school; ensuring that their needs, and those of their families and carers, can be addressed.
The core values which underpin everything we do at Kingswood are as follows:
- Safe and Secure – Everyone’s safety and wellbeing is our priority.
- Children are at the heart of everything we do – Childhood is valued, each child is seen as unique, competent and capable.
- Respect – Everybody is respected, valued and listened to
- Ambition – To provide the best outcome for every child in a learning community.
- Active learning – An inspiring environment in which children are involved in their own development and learning.
- Financially sound – Finances are managed to ensure good value for money.
The first five years of a child’s life are the vital foundations from which all future progress will build on and the dedication of the staff and you as parents are fundamental. Children learn best when they are healthy, happy, safe and secure, when their individual needs are met and when they have positive relationships with the adults who care for them.
We want every parent to know that their child is important to us here at Kingswood, and that no concern is too small. Please come in and talk to us about any aspect of your child’s welfare, wellbeing or development; by working together the results will have a positive impact on your child’s development and learning.
Our Ofsted inspection of March 2017 stated: ‘The school’s partnership with parents is a major strength. Parents are delighted with the way the school is led’. ‘Parents have many opportunities to find out more about the school and their children’s learning through open sessions and active workshops covering all aspects of learning’. ‘All parents said they would recommend the school’.
I look forward to meeting you and working alongside you as parents, thank you for allowing us to be part of your children’s lives.
Mrs. Bernice Jackson