The Headteacher is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school. Our role as the Governing Body is to provide strategic management, and to act as a “critical friend”, supporting the work of the Headteacher and other staff. We are responsible to parents, the community and the County Council.
The governing body’s main responsibility is to help raise standards of achievement. We do this by:
- planning the school’s future direction
- being accountable for the performance of the school to parents and the wider community
- selecting the headteacher
- making decisions on the school’s budget and staffing
- making sure the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum is taught
- deciding how the school can encourage pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- making sure the school provides for all its pupils, including those with special educational needs.