Features of Tapestry
- Children’s achievement is most effective when home and school work together and share information in order that children achieve their potential
- Unlike a physical, hard copy book, it’s easy to share the online journal with groups of relatives, extended families, parents living apart and relatives living overseas
- You may see ‘likes’ from other members of staff – this means that other members of the team are proud of your child’s achievements. Remember all staff work with all children
- At the end of the school year, if you wish to print off a copy of the journal to keep, you will be notified via email when it is ready and you will be notified of the time frame to download and print before it expires
What do I need to do now?
- You will receive an email from Tapestry – check your junk mail
- Follow the link to sign up
- Make a note of your password and PIN (keep it safe)
- Have a look and comment on what your child has been up to at Nursery or Pre-School
Please upload photos from any home experiences such as holidays, trips to the shop, something your child has made and other WOW moments.
Tapestry is a fantastic tool to use for family times, making your child feel valued and confident to share their learning with their friends and teachers.
What if I need help?
- If you have any problems or questions please speak to a member of staff or email your question to email@example.com
- Underneath the login section you will find ‘Tapestry tutorials’ which you may find useful for further information
What does it look like?
- Look for observations which have targets set, some of these will be school targets but some will be simple targets for your child to complete at home
- Keep us up to date on their progress by adding a comment or adding a new observation of your own
Data Protection and GDPR
- A password is required to access Tapestry
- Hosted on Tapestry’s own servers in a secure UK data centre
- Tapestry uses the same encryption as online banking and our own firewall to protect the data we have
- Data is stored separately for each school
- Tapestry’s developers and support personnel require our permission to access our Tapestry account
- Safe use policy between school and home ensure that data is saved and shared responsibly
Please remember . . .
- Tapestry is NOT a photo stream – ALL parties need to be respectful of the privacy of all the children at Kingswood Nursery School
- We ask that any media (including screenshots) that we upload onto Tapestry is not shared via any social networking websites
- To safeguard the children – IF ANYONE WERE TO ABUSE THE SYSTEM, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW ACCESS!