Kingswood Nursery School is a unique and special place with a wonderful community spirit. Our Herts maintained nursery school was established at Kingswood in 1942 to care for young children whose mothers were part of the war effort – mainly working in the local munitions factories.
After the war, Kingswood Nursery School continued to provide nursery education for children aged under 5 in the community and built up a good reputation locally, with generation upon generation of the same families attending.
Our Pre-School was added on as an extension in 2002 and can take children from their second birthday.
What can we offer?
- 15 hours free early education for children on 2 year free funding
- 15 hours free early education for all children the term after their third birthday
- Options to purchase additional hours
- 30 hours free early education for children of working parents
- Lunch Club for all children
- We accept childcare vouchers and payments from the HMRC tax free childcare payment scheme
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and we expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. If we have any concern that a child has been harmed, or is at risk of harm then we are obliged to share our concerns with the appropriate safeguarding bodies.
We nurture values of aspiration at Kingswood and regularly reflect upon and review our practice in order to maintain quality, and identify areas for development. Our annual School Development Plan outlines our actions for development during the academic year.