Features of Seesaw
- Children’s achievement is most effective when home and school work together and share information in order that children achieve their potential
- Unlike a physical, hard copy book, it’s easy to share the online journal with groups of relatives, extended families, parents living apart and relatives living overseas
- Seesaw will provide you with a visual understanding of what happens at Nursery, enabling you to look at and talk about Nursery or Pre-School with your child, and help your child’s key person to gain a greater insight into your child’s learning experiences beyond school
- Only yourself, your child and the teaching staff can view the individual Seesaw feed. On occasions you will be able to view your child learning collaboratively with others. Any comments on photos will be moderated before being published
- Seesaw is a fantastic tool to use for family times, making your child feel valued and confident to share their learning with their friends and teacher
- It has better accessibility on a mobile phone than previous platforms we have used
What do I need to do now?
Once your permission has been given, you will require two logins:
- a ‘family’ member login so you can view the learning at school. Key persons may add photos of
your child settling, interacting in a small group and Wow learning moments! You can show and talk to
your child about this learning, like, and comment on these posts
- a ‘student’ member login so that you can add photos, videos, and voice recordings of what your
child is experiencing outside of school, for your child’s key person to see
- Make a note of your password (keep it safe)
- Have a look and comment on what your child has been up to at Nursery or Pre-School. Please upload photos from any home experiences such as holidays, trips to the shop, something your child has made and other WOW moments
What does it look like?
- Look for observations which have targets set, some of these will be school targets but some will be simple targets for your child to complete at home
- Keep us up to date on their progress by adding a comment or adding a new observation of your own
What if I need help?
- If you have any problems or questions please speak to a member of staff or email your question to email@example.com
- Speak to your child’s key person at the door
Data Protection and GDPR
- A password is required to access Seesaw
- The app requires your child’s name in order to be able to associate photos, videos or voice recordings with their account. Seesaw only uses this information to provide the service, and doesn’t advertise in Seesaw, create profiles of students, or share or sell your child’s personal information or journal content. You can read more about their strong privacy promises here: https://web.seesaw.me/privacy
- Under an EU law called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in order for your child to use
Seesaw, the school must get your consent. For more information on GDPR, please visit:
Please remember . . .
- Seesaw is NOT a photo stream – ALL parties need to be respectful of the privacy of all the children at Kingswood Nursery School
- We ask that any media (including screenshots) that we upload onto Seesaw is not shared via any social networking websites
- To safeguard the children – IF ANYONE WERE TO ABUSE THE SYSTEM, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW ACCESS.