For children starting nursery, the following will be offered to support their transition;
- Introductory meeting for all parents and carers.
- Opportunities for Parent/carer and child visits to nursery to explore our spaces.
We have adapted our Transition arrangements at Kingswood over the past few years, and continue to evaluate these in order to do all that we can to ensure that your child has a successful transition into our nursery class . Where possible we endeavour to to hold ‘New Parent Meetings’ to provide information and offer ‘Stay and Play’ sessions for you and your child to spend time with us.
As always children will be joining us with a range of previous experiences:
- Some of the children will be familiar with Kingswood as they currently attend Pre-School, or have had an older sibling with us in the past
- some children will be transferring from another setting
- some children will be coming straight from home
Please take a look at our presentation for key information.
- Welcome to Kingswood Presentation (2.63MB)
There are a number of documents that we hope you will find useful:
- Pre-school drop off arrangements (287.50KB)
- Nursery drop off arrangements (285.52KB)
- Change to Terms and Conditions Letter (116.84KB)
- ‘I am Starting School’ leaflet (385.93KB)
You should already have received a copy of this from Herts County Council.
- ‘Here I come’ booklet (1.16MB)
You should already have received a copy of this from Herts County Council
- Getting ready for school (2.12MB)
A tick chart you might find fun to use with your child
- Kingswood Top Tips for starting school (415.37KB)
- Summer Activities to try (1.07MB)
- Parent guide to home visits (90.80KB)
- Early Years Library leaflet (482.47KB)
- Coping with incontinence (691.52KB)
Unless your child has a complex medical need, we would urge all parents to get their child toilet trained over the summer holiday.
If having read through the ‘New Parents Welcome’ Power Point presentation you have further questions, then please write these down and we will be able to answer them face to face or email email@example.com or telephone 01923 672531 and we will do our best to answer them.
Our core values include ensuring that all children are safe and secure and ‘at the heart of all we do’.
This has not changed. Our emphasis will be on settling the children and making sure they are happy.