Kingswood are able to offer 30 hours free childcare to eligible families. This enables your child to stay all day if you meet the criteria. Kingswood is open 8.30am – 3.30pm for 38 weeks of the year. Your child can start attending 30 hours the term after their third birthday and once they have received a valid 30 hours code, whichever is later. Term start dates are 1st September, 1st January and 1st April.
The eligibility for the 30 hour childcare is as follows:
- They earn or expect to earn the equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum or Living Wage over the coming three months.
- This equates to £120 a week (or c.£6,000 a year) for each parent over 25 years old or £112.80 a week (or c.£5,800 a year) for each parent between 21 and 24 years old.
- This applies whether you are in paid employment, self-employed or on zero hours contract.
- The parent (and their partner where applicable) should be seeking the free childcare to enable them to work.
- Where one or both parents are on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, or if they are on statutory sick leave.
- Where one parent meets the income criteria and the other is unable to work because they are disabled, have caring responsibilities or have been assessed as having limited capability to work.
- Where a parent is in a ‘start-up period’ (i.e. they are newly self-employed) they do not need to demonstrate that they meet the income criteria for 12 months.
- If a non-EEA national, the parent must have recourse to public funds.
Please note it is parent’s responsibility to re-check their eligibility every 3 months and to confirm eligibility with the school office. Without this code a 30 hour place will be withdrawn after the ‘grace period’ has ended.
A parent will not meet the criteria when:
- Either parent has an income of more than £100,000
- Either parents is a non-EEA national and subject to immigration control (and has no recourse to public funds).
What happens if a parent loses eligibility?
- They will receive a ‘grace period’ – this means they will be able to keep their childcare for a short period.
- One the ‘grace period’ has lapsed, the parent may be entitled to the universal 15 hour entitlement.
Follow this link to apply:
If you have any queries, contact Kingswood Nursery or Childhood Support Services on 01992 555770 or email us.
- 30 hours Leaflet (99KB)